What is a Smart Buoy?
All our Buoys have equipment enclosed in a climate controlled environment, mostly well under the waterline. This gives protection from wind, seawater, rain, sunlight, frost, snow and temperature variations. The main advantages of this are;
- Temperature and humidity controlled atmosphere gives increased equipment reliability.
- Static atmosphere and very low motions allows greater use of drone technology.
- Opportunity for range of automation and robotics technology within a clean environment..
Our Buoys also use patented technology to optimise motions allowing;
- Use of simple catenary moorings (one of our core objectives).
- High pitch and roll stability (far greater than previous buoys).
- Very low operational motions.
- Minimising the mooring size and footprint.
- Ability to position much closer to existing facilities, due to their small footprint.
- Scalable in size to suit application (minimum size driven by metocean conditions and application).
Our Smart Buoys therefore provide a flexible floating structure to house and protect equipment increasing the development options across all ocean energy sectors.