What is a Smart Buoy?
All our Buoys have equipment enclosed in a climate controlled environment, mostly well under the waterline. This gives protection from wind, seawater, rain, sunlight, frost, snow and temperature variations. The main advantages of this are;
- Temperature and humidity controlled atmosphere gives increased equipment reliability.
- Static atmosphere and very low motions allows greater use of drone technology.
- Opportunity for range of automation and robotics technology within a clean environment..
Our Buoys also use patented technology to optimise motions allowing;
- Use of simple catenary moorings (one of our core objectives).
- High pitch and roll stability (far greater than previous buoys).
- Very low operational motions.
- Minimising the mooring size and footprint.
- Ability to position much closer to existing facilities, due to their small footprint.
- Scalable in size to suit application (minimum size driven by metocean conditions and application).
Scalability are key features, with the buoys sized to fit the application and the weather conditions.
Our Smart Buoys therefore provide a flexible floating structure to house and protect equipment increasing the development options across all ocean energy sectors.